giovedì 17 aprile 2014

What about the "stereotype" Italian men

Last week I was sitting with my roommates in the kitchen and we had a nice dinner. We were just talking about normal things and then just suddenly my roommate started to change the subject. He asked us what the best way was to approach a girl.


Me and my two other roommates (both Italian girls) were a little bit surprised!
"Why are you asking us how to approach girls?" "You are an ITALIAN MAN you should know how to approach girls, right?" If Italian men are known by something it will be that they are real womanizers.


Then he told us: "Of course Italian man are womanizers but before you can be a good womanizer you first have to know what they want, right? And the best way to explore that is just to ask to a girl. So that’s why I ask this to you girls." Ok, at this point he was right. It was a smart move because we were just his roommates so it was easy to ask.


He hoped that he would just get one and the same answer but that was not going to happen. My other roommates are Italian and I am from Holland so we have a whole different opinion about men. They like it if the man treats them like a princess, buy all the drinks for them and open every door before they enter etc. In my opinion it is a little bit boring and it makes me feel uncomfortable. I am used to Dutch boys and they are completely different in every way! Of course the boy has to be a gentlemen and make you feel special but the way they do it here is a little bit too much for me.


In Holland, if we think about Italian men we have a very known “stereotype”.


Dark hair and well dressed
Italian men has a very good relationship with their mother
Italian men are womanizers


I live here now for three months and after all the things that I have heard from stories of my
friends, or have seen by myself I have to admit; This stereotype is pretty good in the right direction of the Italian men. I always thought that everyone was exaggerating about the stereotype Italian men. Of course it is also a matter of taste because “well dressed” doesn't mean for everyone the same. Especially not for me. I really had to use to the way that the men are dressed. Actually I think that I am still not used to it but that’s different for everyone.


The fact that they have a very good relationship with their mother is - I think - because family is important for them and the mother is one of the most important family members in the family so that is quite logic.


And of course they are womanizers. That was immediately clear for me from the moment that I stepped out of the plane. They are straight to the point, they think out loud and they love to stare at women.


It is a part of the Italian culture and not every man is exactly like “the stereotype” but if you like these kind of men than is Italy a perfect place to live!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento